Healthy Mac n Cheese Bake
A slight variation on my Mac n Cheese Cups
Smart Points: 6 SP
- 250 gms dry pasta I used small pasta shape
- 100 gms Mozerella light shredded Cheese Coles or Woolworths brand
- 175 gms Reduced fat short cut bacon I used Aldi Berg short cut
- 1 small onion diced
- 2 Tbls Parmesan cheese grated
- 150 gms 99% plain fat free yoghurt I used Yopro
- 3 eggs
- 1 Tbls chopped fresh parsley add more if you like it
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 zucchini finely grated and ALL the excess water squeezed out the drier the better - I keep mine in a tea towel, after squeezing for a while to really dry out
How To Create
Dice the bacon & onion, pan fry in a non stick pan (no oil) until browned.
Cook pasta as directed, drain well, run under cold water to cool it right down.
Add to a bowl, stir in all ingredients unsung only 3/4 of the onion bacon mix and reserving 1tbls of Parmesan cheese.
Line a deep baking dish (I used a Pyrex) and spoon mix in, sprinkle with remaining onion , bacon & reserved 1 Tbls Parmesan cheese.
Cover with foil & Bake for 30-40 mins at 180c until golden on top.
Remove foil for the last 10 mins to brown the top.
You can use broccoli or cauliflower in place of zucchini
Feed Me Healthy Notes
6 WW SP a Serve