Healthy Mac n Cheese Bake
A slight variation on my Mac n Cheese Cups
Smart Points: 6 SP
- 250 gms dry pasta I used small pasta shape
- 100 gms Mozerella light shredded Cheese Coles or Woolworths brand
- 175 gms Reduced fat short cut bacon I used Aldi Berg short cut
- 1 small onion diced
- 2 Tbls Parmesan cheese grated
- 150 gms 99% plain fat free yoghurt I used Yopro
- 3 eggs
- 1 Tbls chopped fresh parsley add more if you like it
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 zucchini finely grated and ALL the excess water squeezed out the drier the better - I keep mine in a tea towel, after squeezing for a while to really dry out
How To Create
- Dice the bacon & onion, pan fry in a non stick pan (no oil) until browned.
- Set aside
- Cook pasta as directed, drain well, run under cold water to cool it right down.
- Add to a bowl, stir in all ingredients unsung only 3/4 of the onion bacon mix and reserving 1tbls of Parmesan cheese.
- Line a deep baking dish (I used a Pyrex) and spoon mix in, sprinkle with remaining onion , bacon & reserved 1 Tbls Parmesan cheese.
- Cover with foil & Bake for 30-40 mins at 180c until golden on top.
- Remove foil for the last 10 mins to brown the top.
- You can use broccoli or cauliflower in place of zucchini
Feed Me Healthy Notes
6 WW SP a Serve