Berry Breakfast Bars
I love these bars for so many reasons. They’re a great option when I’m on the move and are just as delicious warm and topped with yoghurt, or as a snack. They freeze well, reheat well and eat well! This is the ultimate staple on my weekly planner.
- 2 Eggs Separated
- 100 g quick oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 170 g 99% Fat free plain yoghurt
- 2 tsp pure maple syrup
- 2 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 160 g mixed berries (1 cup) roughly chopped
- 1 tsp Ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 160°C. Lightly spray 6 holes of a 12-hole (200 ml capacity) mini loaf tray with oil and line with baking paper.
- Lightly whisk egg whites in a bowl until just starting to foam. Set aside.
- Combine all remaining ingredients and egg yolks in another large bowl. Gently fold through reserved egg whites (do not overmix). Spoon mixture evenly into paper-lined holes in tray.
- Bake for 20–25 minutes, until a skewer inserted into centre comes out clean. Set aside in tray for 5 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool. Serve.