Spinach & Ricotta Stuffed Mushrooms
My delicious mushrooms are the perfect option for a light lunch, either served with a crispy side salad, or simply on their own. Omit the bacon and you have a vegetarian alternative, just as flavoursome.
- 6 Large flat mushrooms stalks removed
- 200 g reduced fat fresh ricotta cheese
- 20 g grated parmesan cheese (1/4 cup)
- 1 egg
- 30 g short-cut bacon, fat trimmed finely chopped
- 40 g baby spinach (2 cups) finely chopped
- 3 Green shallots finely chopped
- 30 g semi-dried (not in oil) tomatoes (1/2 cup) finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley chopped
- 1 tsp Tuscan Seasoning
- 2 tsp Lemon zest finely grated
- Preheat oven 180°C. Place mushrooms stalk-side-up on a baking paper-lined baking tray.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a large bowl.Season with salt and pepper and mix well. Spoon evenly onto mushrooms, lightly spray with oil and cover with foil. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove foil and bake for a further 15–20 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Serve.