Creamy Pumpkin & Maple Soup
- 1 whole large Kent pumpkin - roasted in the oven flesh scooped out once cooked and set aside.
- 2 chopped brown onions
- 4-5 celery sticks chopped
- 2-3 carrots chopped
- 3-4 garlic cloves
- 1 tin diced tomato
- 2 tsp dried mixed herbs
- Salt + Pepper
- 6 cups chicken stock + extra water if needed
- 1/3 cup sugar free maple syrup
- 2 tbls Philadelphia cream for cooking 60% less fat
- In a large pot, spray with 3 sec spray oil, add onion, celery, carrot & garlic, sauté until onion is translucent.
- Add tomato, seasonings, herbs, roasted pumpkin flesh and stock, add extra water if needed to just cover the veg. The more liquid the less thick your soup will be.
- Simmer until veg is soft, then blend until smooth.Stir through the maple syrup and cream for cooking.
Soup makes roughly 4 litres (this will depend on the size of your pumpkin) Serves 6-8