Creamy Pumpkin & Maple Soup
Suggested Meal: Lunch, Soup
Smart Points: 1 SP
- 1 whole large Kent pumpkin - roasted in the oven flesh scooped out once cooked and set aside.
- 2 chopped brown onions
- 4-5 celery sticks chopped
- 2-3 carrots chopped
- 3-4 garlic cloves
- 1 tin diced tomato
- 2 tsp dried mixed herbs
- Salt + Pepper
- 6 cups chicken stock + extra water if needed
- 1/3 cup sugar free maple syrup
- 2 tbls Philadelphia cream for cooking 60% less fat
How To Create
In a large pot, spray with 3 sec spray oil, add onion, celery, carrot & garlic, sauté until onion is translucent.
Add tomato, seasonings, herbs, roasted pumpkin flesh and stock, add extra water if needed to just cover the veg. The more liquid the less thick your soup will be.
Simmer until veg is soft, then blend until smooth.Stir through the maple syrup and cream for cooking.
Feed Me Healthy Notes
Soup makes roughly 4 litres (this will depend on the size of your pumpkin)