Cheese Broccoli Tuna Pasta Bake
My boys absolutely love tuna mornay and I’m a massive fan of mac ‘n’ cheese. So I’ve been inspired to combine the best of both worlds and create this delicious and simple fusion. Success!
- 250 g elbow pasta
- 1 tsp garlic-infused olive oil
- 1 brown onion finely chopped
- 125 g mushrooms sliced
- 15 g broccoli cut into small florets
- 1 tbsp dried mixed herbs
- 100 g 99% fat free plain yoghurt
- 185 g tuna in springwater drained, flaked
- 3 eggs lightly beaten
- 25 g grated parmesan cheese (1/3 cup)
- 100 g grated reduced-fat mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Cook pasta in a large deep pot of boiling, salted water, following packet instructions. Drain, rinse under cold water, drain well and return to pot.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Cook onion, mushrooms, broccoli and herbs for 8–10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until tender. Season with salt and pepper and add to the pasta.
- Add yoghurt, tuna, eggs, ¼ cup (20 g) parmesan and half the mozzarella to the pasta. Mix well to combine. Transfer to an ovenproof dish (2.5 litre capacity) and smooth top with a spatula. Sprinkle with remaining parmesan and mozzarella. Bake for 25–30 minutes or until golden.