- 800 gms Chickpeas (reserve half a cup and set aside) 2 tins
- 1-2 Garlic cloves
- 1 Lemon zest & juice
- 1-2 - 1 cup Water add as needed
- 2 tbls Plain no fat yoghurt
- Salt & pepper
- 400 gms Lean lamb mince
- 1 tsp Olive oil chilli oil is great for an extra kick of heat
- 1 Garlic clove grated
- 1/2 tsp Sumac
- 1/2 tsp All spice
- 1/2 tsp Hot paprika
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 tblp Chopped fresh parsley
- 2 Small Lebanese cucumbers diced
- 1/2 Red onion diced
- 1/2 Punnet of cherry tomatoes diced
- 1/2 cup Reserved chickpeas
- 1 Pomegranate seeds only
- 20 gms Reduces fat feta
Peel garlic and place into a food processor, chop finely, add drained chickpeas , zest & juice, salt , pepper.Pulse until chunky chopped, add yoghurt, and process until smooth, add water as needed to desired “dip” consistency. Set aside.
Add lamb to a heated non stick pan with oil, garlic & spices, break up lumps as it cooks, once browned turn off heat and add chopped parsley.Let cool to room temperature
Add all ingredients into a bowl (minus feta cheese and chickpeas) and toss.
Spread the hummus on a platter, top with cooked lamb mix, then salad. Scatter the top with feta cheese & reserved chickpeas.
i like to serve this meal with a spiced pumpkin and spinach salad.