Anna's cheese and bacon breakfast loaf
Recipe from Anna's cookbook, 'How I've Kept The Weight Off'. Preparing simple dishes like this in advance keeps Anna organised during a busy week, and she can pre-track the recipe the night before. This loaf is generously portioned for a hearty breakfast, and also makes a great addition to a lunch box.
- 1 Large Zucchini Grated
- 1 Med Brown Onion Finely Chopped
- 1 Med Red Capsicum Finely Chopped
- 135 g Shortcut Bacon Finely Chopped
- 30 g Parmesan Cheese Grated
- 1 tbsp Mixed Herbs - Dried
- 1/3 Cup Flat Leaf Parsley Plus extra to garnish
- 75 g Self Raising Flour (1 cup)
- 8 Med Eggs Lightly Beaten
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Lightly spray a 22 x 12 cm loaf tin with oil and line with baking paper, extending paper 2 cm above edge of tin.
- Place zucchini in a clean tea towel. Gather ends of tea towel together, then twist and squeeze to remove as much liquid as possible. Transfer zucchini to a large bowl. Add remaining ingredients, season with salt and pepper and mix to combine.
- Pour mixture into prepared tin and cook for 40–45 minutes, until set in centre when tested with the tip of a small knife. Set aside in tin for 10 minutes, then use the paper lining to lift loaf onto a wire rack to cool slightly. Garnish with extra parsley. Serve sliced.
SmartPoints® value per serving
Scan the QR code by hovering your smartphone device's camera over the square, then click the link that pops up at the top of the screen. It will then open your WW App.