- 1 cup pumpkin purée I made my own by steaming butternut pumpkin
- 3/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 cup date paste *see note at the bottom*
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp bi carb soda
- 2 cups wholemeal plain flour all purpose flour
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice *see note below for alternative*
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
Preheat your oven to 160fan forced, line a loaf tin with baking paper.
In a bowl combine pumpkin purée,almond milk, date paste, and eggs and whisk, add the rest of the ingredients and mix through with a spatula
Pour batter into loaf tin and bake for 45-55 mins or until a skewer comes out clean.
Cool on a wire rack. Cut into 14 slices
Note if you don’t have pumpkin spice mix make your own with : 1/4 tsp ground cloves, 1 tsp ground cinnamon, 1tsp ground allspice, 1/4 tsp nutmeg
Note: to make date paste, add 1 cup of pitted medjool dates (approx 10) to a blender with 1/2 cup (add more water if needed) boiling water from a kettle and blend into a paste.