Muffins - Hot Cross
- 2 medium eggs
- 1 cup light coconut milk TCC brand or Ayam light
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- Zest of a large orange
- 2 cups almond meal
- 1 tsp gluten free baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 cup medjool dates chopped or puréed or Apple if you don’t like dates
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tbls light coconut milk
- 1 tbls coconut flour
- 2-3 tbls water you want a workable thick paste
- Snap lock bag or piping bag
- In a mixing bowl whisk eggs, milk, orange zest & juice.
- Add almond meal, baking powder, vanilla & spices, stir in dates (or apple)
- Spoon into Muffin cases (I used a Tupperware silicone mould)
- In a small bowl, combine Cross ingredients & spoon into a piping bag or snap lock bag and snip the corner. Squeeze mixture over Muffins in a Cross shape.
- Bake in a preheated oven fan forced at 180c for 35-40 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.