Poached Apples & Pears In Vanilla & Cinnamon
When you have a sweet craving but want something healthy. Add the fruit over hot oats for breakfast, with custard, or yoghurt as a dessert, or even as a base for apple crumble. Enjoy hot or cold.
- 4 Pink Lady Apples peeled and sliced
- 4 Bosc Pears peeled and sliced
- 1 Whole Vanilla Bean split in half and seeds scraped
- 3 Tbls water
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tbsp Queens Sugar Free Maple Syrup OR 1 Tbls Sweetner
- Place all ingredients into a pot, lid on, and gently cook until almost soft
- Remove lid approx half way through cooking, for liquid to reduce to a syrup like consistency.
I have served mine with 140 gms Chiobani 0.5% plain low fat yoghurt. Chobani Yoghurt 2 Weight Watchers Smart Points