Baked Vanilla Salted Caramel Swirl Cheesecake
Something naughty that's actually healthy!
- 750 gms Reduced fat Ricotta cheese From the deli not the tub
- 130 gms Chobani 0.5% yoghurt or Aldi high protein yoghurt
- 1 Tbls Pure maple syrup
- 1-2 whole vanilla beans split in half and seeds scraped
- 5 eggs
- 40 gms plain flour
- 180 gms Medjool Dates pitted
- 2 x 1/4 cups hot water
- 2 tsp Salt flakes I use pink Himalayan
Salted Caramel Component
- In a food processor, add pitted dates, water & salt, blitz until smooth, set aside.
- Wash out processor.
- Add all other ingredients minus flour, blitz until smooth,
- Add flour and pulse until combined.
- Pour mixture into a lined 24cm springform pan and smooth batter
- Dollop spoonfuls of the salted caramel mix over the top and then swirl a knife through the cheesecake mix to combine the two.
- Bake in a 160 fan forced oven or 180 normal oven for 50mins or until just set and golden.
Serves 10 3 Weight Watchers Smart Points Per Slice Serve with light cream, low fat ice cream or yoghurt (optional) for extra smart points. Adapted from a CSIRO recipe