Chocolate Easter Cakes
- 5 Medium to Large ripe bananas blitzed
- 200 gms self raising flour sifted
- 50 gms cocoa powder sifted
- 3 eggs lightly whisked
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 10 roasted almonds crushed
- 100 gms Coles dark no added sugar chocolate health food isle at Coles
- 1/2 tsp coconut oil
- Stick blend or use a blender to blitz banana in a bowl, add all other ingredients excluding the almonds and chocolate.
- Do not over mix the batter
- Fill silicone muffin moulds evenly with mixture (I use my silicone Tupperware muffin moulds) - you can use normal muffin tins or moulds.
- Bake at 160c for 25 mins (check they are cooked all the way through. Too little and they are dense, too much and they are dry.
- Let cakes cool
- Add chocolate to a microwave proof bowl and melt chocolate in small bursts.
- Add coconut oil and stir until smooth
- Use 1 tsp per egg half to spread the chocolate and stick another half egg on top to form the full egg.
- Drizzle remaining chocolate over the eggs or muffins and sprinkle with crushed almonds.
3 points each cake.