- 400 gms heart smart beef mince
- Lots of veg chopped in this sauce:
- 2 cups of Mushrooms sliced
- 3 med Carrots diced
- 3 Celery sticks diced
- 1 med yellow Capsicum diced
- 1 med red Capsicum diced
- 1 medium brown onion diced
- 1 large zucchini diced
- 2-3 cloves of Garlic less if you like, more if you really like
- 2 tsp Mixed dried herbs
- 2 tsp Smoked paprika
- 1/2-1 tsp Chilli flakes
- Salt & pepper
- 1 x 3 second spray of olive oil spray
- Fresh basil & flat leaf parsley as much as you like
- 2 bottles of passata homemade or 1kg of fresh tomatoes (Roma) blitzed in a blender or tinned tomatoes (juice drained) blitzed in a blender (approx 4-6 cups depending on how thick you like your sauce)
In a large fry pan, spray with olive oil spray, add veg & garlic, and herbs, salt/pepper, sauté for 2-3 minutes
Add mince, cook until browned.
Add 2 bottles of homemade fresh pasta sauce (or 1kg of fresh Roma tomatoes blitzed in a blender, you can also use tin tomatoes) and fresh chopped basil/parsley leaves.
Let the sauce simmer for 35-40 minutes.