Recipe from Anna's cookbook, 'How I've Kept The Weight Off'. This recipe is a healthier, homemade alternative to one of Anna's favourite café meals. The secret ingredient is nutritional yeast – it tastes exactly like parmesan cheese so you don’t have to compromise on flavour. Don’t believe her? Try it yourself – you won’t be disappointed!
- 1 tbs Nutritional yeast
- 0.5 tsp Ground paprika
- 0.5 tsp Dried herbs (mixed)
- 50 g Eggplant 2 x 1.5cm-thick slices
- 1 tsp Garlic infused extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Brioche burger bun Split - 1 x 54g
- 80 g Tomatoes 2 thick slices
- 20 g Red onion thinly sliced
- 15 g Rocket (1/2 cup)
- 1 tbs 99% Fat Free Plain Yoghurt
- 1/4 clove Garlic finely grated
- 1 tsp Fresh flat leaf parsley finely chopped
Place nutritional yeast, paprika and mixed herbs in a shallow bowl. Season with salt and pepper and mix well. Press both sides of eggplant slices in the yeast mixture to coat well.
Heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Cook the eggplant for 3–4 minutes each side, until browned.
Meanwhile, to make garlic aioli, mix together yoghurt, garlic and parsley and season with salt and pepper.
Spread top and base of brioche bun with aioli. Top base with one eggplant slice, tomato, half the onion and half the rocket. Top with remaining eggplant slice, rocket, onion and bun top.
Scan the QR code by hovering your smartphone device's camera over the square, then click the link that pops up at the top of the screen. It will then open your WW App.