Smoked Eggplant Dip
4 Weight Watchers Smart Points For the whole Dip It’s hard to make Dip look pretty however the flavour of this is out of this world, and smoking the eggplant takes it to next level. If you don’t have a smoker, fear not, an oven or BBQ will do.
- 1 medium eggplant cut in half wrapped in alfoil and cooked in a smoker for 45 mins or until soft.
- Alternatively cook in the oven or a BBQ the same way on 180-200c. Let cool completely after cooking.
- 2 1/2 tbls fresh lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves grated
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 3 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tbls tahini
- Remove the flesh from the eggplant and place in a food processor or blender with all the other ingredients, blitz until smooth, check for seasoning (add more to taste).
- Spoon into a dish and sprinkle with 1/2 tsp smoked paprika.
- Best made the day before serving to enhance flavours, and the Dip sets a little.
The perfect Dip for a platter when entertaining guilt free and good for you.