Sausage Rolls - Pork Apple & Thyme
- 500 gms heart smart pork mince
- 3 apples grated
- 1 slice of hi fiber white bread mines from brumby’ bakery (made into crumbs
- 6 sheets filo pastry
- 1 egg
- 1/2 onion diced finely
- Fresh thyme salt, pepper
- 2 tbls sesame seeds distributed across the sausage rolls
- Add Pork, Apple, bread crumbs, egg, onion, thyme, salt & pepper, mix thoroughly.
- Layer 2 sheets of filo pastry together, sprayed with olive oil spray, along the length of the pastry
- Spoon in the pork mix and roll up - Cut into 8
- Repeat with the rest of the filo pastry and mince mix
- Spray the tops with spray oil and sprinkle with poppy seeds or sesame seeds (optional)
- Bake in a 200c fan forced oven for 25-30mins or until cooked through and golden brown.