Silverbeet, Chicken & Leek Slice
- 400 gms Chicken Mince
- 8 med eggs
- 1/4 cup self raising flour
- 60 gms Bega country 50% light grated cheese
- 20 gms parmesan cheese
- 3 tsp mixed dried herbs
- 2 garlic cloves grated
- 1 leek thinly sliced
- 1 bunch raw silverbeet shredded
- 2/3 cup water chicken stock or low fat milk
- salt & pepper to tasteFresh flat leaf parsley as much as you like chopped
- Preheat oven to 180c Fan Forced
- Spray a non stick pan with cooking spray (3 second spray is 0 smart points), on a medium heat
- Cook chicken mince, breaking it up as you go, until browned
- Add leek, silverbeet, spices & garlic, until just cooked, then set aside to cool.
In another bowl
- Add flour, eggs, water (milk or chicken stock) and cheese.
- Once chicken mixture has cooled, add it to the egg mixture, combine, then spread evenly into a prepared baking dish ( i use a large pyrex dish 2.6L ),
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese
- Bake in the oven for 45-50 minutes or until cooked and golden brown.
** Please note if using milk in place of water, the smart point value may change, or substituting any ingredient or product may also change the smart point value.