Fudgy Choc Cherry Ripe Brownies
Oh My Delicious! If you love Gooey Chocolate Brownies, then you'll love my NEW recipe, I served these warm with a dollup of light cream and let me tell you, AMAZING if I do say so myself! Not overly sweet, but sweet enough, these are a bigger serve than any other Brownies I've eaten that are healthier than the normal. Do yourself a favour .... MAKE THESE !!!!! And let me know what you think.
- 1 cup hot water
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder + 1 tsp
- 1 cup self raising flour + 2 tsp
- 1/2 cup date paste See below Note
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple purée no added sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup sweetner I use xylitol
- 1/3 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 1/2 cup fresh pitted cherries halved
NOTE: to make date paste
- 8-10 dates Into a blender with 2-4 tbls hot water - use more water if needed to make a thick paste Blitz Away
- In a jug mix hot water + 1/3 cup cocoa together, set aside.
In TWO separate bowls
- add dry ingredients to one, MINUS the 2 tsp of extra flour and the 1 tsp extra cocoa
- Add wet ingredients to the other, with the cocoa & hot water mixture.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, fold through, do not overmix.
- Add the 2 tsp extra flour to the freshly pitted Halved cherries, then fold cherries through the mixture.
- Pour the batter in a 27 x 15cm sized rectangle brownie dish, I use my tupperware silicone form. If using anything different be sure to line it with baking paper.
- Bake in a 160 fan forced oven for 35-40 mins or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Dust with 1tsp of cocoa powder before serving. .
Cut into 8 even pieces - 4 Weight Watchers Smart Points Each Store in the fridge