Healthy Layered Mexican Dip
Christmas Parties have Started and taking Friendly Nibbles help me stay on track during the Silly Season. This dip is Amazing Delicious & Low Fat. It also looks kinda Christmassy with the colours ? The ENTIRE dip is 10 Weight Watchers Smart Points and no one would even know it’s a WW friendly one.
- 1 can Red kidney Beans or ole El Paso black beans drained
- 1/2 pkt Ole El Paso taco seasoning
- 250 gms Aldi High Protein yoghurt or Chobani 0.5% less fat Yoghurt
- 1 Clove Garlic grated
- 55 gms Bega 50% less fat country cheese
- 60 gms Avocado
- 3-4 Spring onions chopped
- 1 punnet cherry tomato chopped
- 2 Tbls of flat leaf parsley
- 1/2 small red onion finely diced
- A squeeze of lemon or lime juice
- In a mini food processor, drain & empty can of beans, add the taco seasoning and blitz until smooth, layer this on the bottom of a 4cup capacity glass bowl (mines a Pyrex)
- In a seperate bowl, add chopped tomato, pinch of salt & pepper, chopped parsley, & diced onion, mix together and layer over the bean mix.
- Mix together, yoghurt, a pinch of salt & pepper, garlic and and layer over the tomato mix.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the yoghurt layer.
- Dice avocado, add spring onion & a squeeze of lime juice (to stop avo discolouration as well as added flavour), add to the top layer.
- Optional sliced fresh chilli.
The reason I’ve chosen a deeper dish is simply so I can serve with long sticks of celery, cucumber & carrot, keeping it a healthier option rather than crackers or pita chips but by all means, add them in for others. You can always serve this dip in a shallower dish. If the beans are too dry when blitzing, add a splash of water