Muffins - Pumpkin Spiced Mini
This was my pumpkin spice cake recipe made into mini muffins.
Suggested Meal: Snack
: 1 SP
- 1 cup pumpkin purée I made my own by steaming butternut pumpkin
- 3/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 cup date paste *see note at the bottom*
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp bi carb soda
- 2 cups wholemeal plain flour
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice *see note below for alternative*
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
How To Create
Preheat your oven to 160c fan forced.
In a bowl combine pumpkin purée, almond milk, date paste, and eggs and whisk,
Add the rest of the ingredients and mix through with a spatula
Pour batter (1 heaped tablespoon) into mini muffin cases and cook for 15 mins, or until skewer comes out clean. Don’t over cook.
Note if you don’t have pumpkin spice mix make your own with : 1/4 tsp ground cloves, 1 tsp ground cinnamon, 1tsp ground allspice, 1/4 tsp nutmeg
Feed Me Healthy Notes
Note: to make date paste, add 1 cup of pitted medjool dates (approx 10) to a blender with 1/2 cup (add more water if needed) boiling water from a kettle and blend into a paste. This is a variation of the pumpkin spice cake.