- 2 x 400gm tins of crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup water + extra is needed
- 2 x garlic cloves crushed
- 70 gm baby bocconcini
- 1/2 cup fresh basil chopped & parsley
- 1 onion finely diced
- 1 carrot finely diced
- 2 sticks celery finely diced
- 1 small punnet mushrooms
- 220 gms Dry Barilla Pennette Pasta
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 Batch of Anna’s Italian Meatballs cooked
In a medium heavy based pan, spray with oil spray, and sauté onion, carrot, celery & garlic, until softened
Add mushrooms and cook until browned.
Season with salt & Pepper, add, herbs, tin tomatoes & water, simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add dry pasta and stir. (Add more water if the mix is too thick)
- Place the whole mix into a baking tray, and add the meatballs & baby bocconcini, cover with foil and cook in a moderate 180c oven until pasta is cooked.
You can pre prepare this and pop in the fridge then finish off the cooking later.
Serves 4 generous serves 8 Weight Watchers Smart Points per serve