Lemon Weetbix Cakes with Lemon Cheesecake Frosting
This has been adapted from a slimming world recipe, I've changed it to make it WW friendly, quite a dense fudgy cake that is a really big serve for only 3sp including topping, and not really mini as per say! so yummy too!
- 2 weetbix
- 200 ml @almondbreezeaus vanilla unsweetened almond milk
- 100 gms medjool dates chopped
- 100 gms self raising flour
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbls sweetner I use xylitol
- 2 med eggs
Lemon cheesecake frosting
- Heaped 1/4 tsp honey
- 95 gms spreadable extra light Philly cream cheese
- 80 gms Chobani plain yoghurt
- Few drops vanilla extract
- Lemon rind
- 1-2 tsp lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 180c.
- Put weetbix into a large bowl, and add milk, leave for 2-3 mins to soften, then mash with a fork. Beat in all remaining ingredients for the cake. Spoon the mixture evenly into mini loaf tins that have been lined with baking paper ( mine look like a muffin tin only rectangle deep loaf shape).
- Cook for 20-25 mins or until a skewer comes out clean, then cool.
- In the meantime make your frosting.
- In a small bowl, add your ingredients and whisk until smooth, spoon over cakes when they are at room temperature.
Just a note on these, the topping makes a lot, I didn't use all of it on my cakes so they were 3 sp still, if you use ALL the topping on all of the cakes, add another point.